relopvictory.blogg.se

Lockport township high school infinite campus
Lockport township high school infinite campus












lockport township high school infinite campus

In 1910, Lockport High School opened and was accredited by the North Central Association. The new school, like its predecessor, housed all of the village students.Ĭonstruction was started in 1909 on a high school at 1222 S. John Barnes, the Joliet architect who designed it, was trained in the Richardson Romanesque style. Subsequently in 1896 a new school opened, also built of local dolomitic limestone and on the same site as the school that burned. Classes were held in churches and other buildings until a new structure was ready. A fire destroyed the school on August 10, 1895. The first graduation commencement was Jwith seven graduates. The three-story building was built of local dolomitic limestone, with a four-sided clock tower on its roof. The first village school was built in 1857, and housed students of all ages. Soon after settlers arrived, school classes began in a log cabin on what is now Division Street.














Lockport township high school infinite campus